Sunday, September 6, 2009

El Chico's Carrots, Peppers, and Onions

We had a Walmart sack of peppers today from the garden. When we get an abundance of peppers, Rick and I either make Jalapeno jelly or this relish. My boys like this relish, so it won out tonight. The recipe is one of those that you just make it to suit your taste.

Carrots, peppers, and onions

In a food processor, we slice these up. Mix thoroughly and pack into fruit jars.

In a saucepan, boil the following together:
vinegar and water (2 parts vinegar to 1 part water)
oregano
salt
1 clove garlic for each jar.

Pour liquid over vegetables. Seal jars. Water bath for about 10 minutes or long enough just to seal the jars.

2 comments:

  1. How cool! My daughter was looking for this recipe. I'm gonna send it to her, right now. Your blog looks dangerous. So many yummy sounding recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tons of peppers now too so I am going to do this is looks so festive. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete